Introducing QUIET TIRE™ Technology
- POLYURETHANE TECHNOLOGY THAT SETS NEW QUIET STANDARDS.
- Improvements in passenger compartment noise levels continue to be one of the key needs of the transportation industry. The variation of pressure inside a rolling tire activates the compressed air within the tire cavity. The tire cavity resonates and the wheel vibrates. The vibrations reach the vehicle interior. The vehicle occupants perceive an irritating audible buzz called cavity noise.
Initially, foams have been applied in the transportation industry to help on load bearing, seating and comfort, but foams are now being designed for the tire industry due to longer service life, better vibration damping and a functional part of the overall acoustical package. New performance requirements are being placed on NVH grade foams. Interior components of passenger compartments contribute to a reduction in noise, odor and emissions, and now tires can do so as well.
To address the ongoing and newer challenges, FXI has developed Quiet Tire™ technology which helps vehicles such as luxury sedans, hybrids and electric vehicles become quieter.
QUIET TIRE™ FOAMS.
Quiet Tire™ technology focuses on new foam chemistries that offer reduced density, improved vibration management, noise abatement, durability and processing. Our acoustical solutions impact foam resilience, mechanical damping and resonance as well as acoustic absorption and noise transmission in the interior of the passenger cabin from the tire.
FXI Quiet Tire™ technology helps OE tire manufacturers, OEMs interior designers and engineers in their efforts to further improve the noise reduction levels of transportation systems based on polyurethane foams. The polyurethane flexible foam formulation is highly adept at absorbing the specific frequency bandwidth associated with the tire noise cavitation problem.
• Buzz and irritable cavity noise reduction
• Improve noise reduction between 5 to 10 dbA tested on track and ranks the subjective testing
to 5 on a 1 to 10 scale
• Airborne and Structure Borne
• Addressing absorption is one element only, structure borne is the other
Through various treatments, FXI tire polyurethane parts can be surface modified to improve
adhesion to the inner tire casings.
This special formulation has passed in tire long-term endurance stress testing.
PARTNER WITH FXI ACOUSTIC FOAM INNOVATIONS.
Post-processing capabilities allow FXI to make parts to exact specifications fitments and enable homologation to automotive OEMs.
• JIT system
• Shorter lead times
• Reduce inventory management burden
• Interface with your integrators
• R&D capabilities to develop polyurethane solutions to your specifications
• Consistent quality
REDUCE NOISE WITH QUIET TIRE™ TECHNOLOGY.
Contact your partners to get started.
Back to top
- CONTACT US
- Speak with a product specialist today, call 260.999.5550